FACILITIES WEEKEND ASSISTANT
Summary of Position: This is a Part-Time (PT) Weekend position designed to support the Facilities Director and assure weekend coverage for our facilities and coordination of our external event venue hires.
The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· LEAD & BUILD TEAM – to assist with weekend maintenance, special projects, and special events. Lead and recruit External Venue Hire Event team/staff.
· FACILITIES LEADERSHIP – develop a culture of “whatever it takes” where both long-term & short-term goals can be achieved. Setup, pack-down & cleaning of building for External Events. Ensure facilities are ready for weekend services. Respond to identified needs on a weekend.
· MAINTENANCE – Seasonal upkeep of grounds and building as directed by Facility Director. Minor repairs including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and emergency needs. Identify areas where major maintenance is needed.
· EXTERNAL ‘EVENT HIRE’ COORDINATION – serve as liaison between Crosswalk Church and all outside groups renting the facility,filtering requests, ensuring all facility and technical needs are met, and rental is staffed and run with excellence.
Part Time Role: Friday - Saturday as required (may include evenings), Sundays 7:30am - 1pm, plus as required
Reports to: Facilities Director
· Minimum of High School Diploma and 1-3 years basic handyman experience
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;complete mobility for building and grounds activities
· Ability to travel to campuses as needed; Available and on call for emergencies
· Ability to work well with a team and train up/supervise volunteers
· Self-motivated & Strategic Planner
· “Do whatever it takes” attitude
The following are considered an integral part of being on Crosswalk Church Staff:
o Weekly attendance & participation in Sunday worship at one of our campuses
o Volunteering on Sundays as appropriate, if role does not include Sundays
o Travelling to other campuses as requested or rostered
o Participating in or Leading a Group – Sisterhood, Men's,Collective, or Connect
o Leading a team at special events hosted throughout the year